Menu Toggle

When is an ATOL licence required?

We’ve got it covered.

UK incorporated companies may not sell holidays including flights unless they have an ATOL Licence.

An ATOL Licence is required by law when a business:

  • Sells flight-inclusive packages;
  • Sells charter flights;
  • Sells scheduled flights where an airline ticket is not issued straight away;

Travel agents selling flights as an agent for ATOL holders do not require their own ATOL license, providing that these sales are documented correctly.